Job Vacancies at Nokia Tanzania jobs 2023
Job Tittle: NPO Engineer
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
Our Business Group is a leader in wireless mobility networks and associated services. As Nokia’s growth engine, we create value for communication service providers and enterprise customers by leading the transition to cloud-native software and as-a-service delivery models. Our inclusive team of dreamers, doers and disruptors push the limits from impossible to possible.
What you will learn and contribute to
As part of our team, you will:
- Be optimizing the network towards achieving and maintaining performance above targets in Quality metrics set out on the SLA’s.
- Be an important contributor to development of the overall goals and objectives of the company
- Be dedicated to one specific customer and/or Technology.
- Be able to do E2E scopes, like driving a project from beginning to end (from Design, implementation, acceptance, ongoing optimization to maintenance contracts).
- Participate and drive Nokia Radio ongoing activities.
- Be part of a senior NPO team with experience in Radio NPO activities, where Competence Transfer and team build are the foundations of the team.
- Be part of a growing team with great career opportunities.
- Have great autonomy to manage your time, work from home and develop yourself in the area that motivate you.
Your skills and experience
- Fine tune Radio Parameters for Network Quality Improvement to meet customer set KPI targets
- Plan Radio Network Parameters for new sites
- Prepare and analyze Radio Network Performance Indicators and Counters Reports
- Carry out Technical Site Surveys for various Projects including new sites and expansion sites
- Carry out Physical Site Optimization
- Carry out Drive Test Activities whenever needed
- Coordinate various projects from Radio Network point of view
- Perform Site Acceptance for new integrations including new sites and expansion sites
- Supervise Drive Test projects by third parties
- Preparation and maintenance of Radio Network Site Database.
- Carry out any other activities required by the immediate supervisor
- Radio Network Optimization on 2G, 3G and 4G
- Multivendor (Ericsson and Huawei at least) expertise of 2G, 3G and 4G Optimization tools
- Radio Network Planning with Mentum Planet, Nastar and NetAct
- Drive Test with G-Net, XCAL, NEMO, GENEX PROBE and TEMS
- Drive Test Post processing with TEMS, Gladiator and Actix/Analyzer
- Excellent knowledge of company’s objectives and strategies
- High level knowledge: applies technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Exhibits good level of creativity and resourcefulness
- Business awareness
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning skills
- High personal standard and goal oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent and effective communications skills, both orally and in writing
- Engineering Graduate with min 5 years of relevant experience in radio network design and optimization.
- Analysis of end to end call traces of LTE/VoLTE/2G/3G
- Knowledge of RF design fundamentals, RF propagation behavior and Model Tuning
- Solid understanding of Network Optimization and Network Performance principles
- Familiarity with OSS tools, reporting solution, counters & parameters and Feature implementation
- Analysis of RAN KPIs, investigation and improvement of network quality problems
- Implementation of new RAN features, and tuning of RAN database parameters
- Experience with SON (Optimizer), XCAL, NEMO analyzer, Tems Discovery, NQDI
- To develop various guideline, process documents & XML/Data build creation on need basis
- Good understanding of Handover, Power Control, MIMO, Link Adaptation, Paging, Admission Control
- Good understanding of Handover, Power Control, MIMO, Link Adaptation, Paging, Admission Control, Scheduler, Idle & Connected mode procedures etc & corresponding call flows wherever applicable
- Knowledge and experience of working on Smart Antenna Schemes such as MIMO, Beamforming etc
- Knowledge and experience of working on Remote Radio Head environment is advantageous.
- Experience in customer management and care to maximise customer satisfaction
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and coordinate resources to achieve desired goals.
- Must be willing to work in different time zones and open for travel
It would be nice if you also had:
- 5G competences, knowledges
- Team management oriented
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect. Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: CLICK HERE TO APPLY