Vacancies Asilia lodges and Camps jobs 2023
POSITION: Debtor Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Account And Finance
LOCATION: TARANGIRE, NGORONGORO, RUBONDO, & SERENGETI
REPORTING TO: Finance Manager
At Asilia we aim to be an organization that offers Better Experiences and Strong Positive Impact
We give people joy and appreciation in iconic wildlife & wilderness areas in a way that makes a positive lasting impact on the environment and its people. Behind the scenes, we diligently build our operational, sustainable and marketing/sales capabilities and access to capital to enable scaling up the experience and impact.
As a Debtor Assistant your role is to keep a record of paid and unpaid accounts and use them to determine which accounts are overdue and to contact persons or agents in writing or by telephone in order to recover the outstanding payment
This Job Description is your guide to achieving these objectives by outlining your daily duties & responsibilities. WE BELIEVE IN BETTER!!
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF JOB:
The main purpose of the Debtors Assistant is to support the company by providing core administrative support. The person reports directly to the Finance Manager and is part of a finance team and at a strategic &management level.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
- Maintaining & updating the debtor’s records in ResRequest.
- Ensuring all invoices are send out to agents monthly with the VAT requirements
- Following up with Arusha & Kenya office to ensure that relevant debtor’s transactions/debtors receipts list from the bank statements are sent to Cape Town on a weekly basis
- Debt collections and escalations to marketing and management where relevant
- Allocation of all receipts and ensuring necessary details and references are correct and included
- Corresponding with Agents to ensure correct remittance details are provided & funds are applied accordingly
- Resolving queries from and with agents/consultants with regards to unpaid bookings, unallocated receipts & amendments to bookings
- Updating Debtors records for amended bookings, where applicable and assisting sales to ensure this is done in a timely manner
- Accurate record-keeping of payment allocations in order to prevent duplications
- Producing & distributing monthly statements to local agents
- Chasing all upcoming & outstanding debtors
- Ensuring that the agents are adhering to their payment terms
- Updating Management on a weekly basis regarding the status of the debtors particularly on upcoming bookings which are unpaid and classified as post payment or high risk
- Keeping record of unallocated receipts (Unidentified) and identify the ones relevant to Asilia
- Assistance to sales team (Direct sales mostly) to ensure all monies are received prior to guests travelling or collections are made in time and to avoid and minimize risk and bad debt.
- Ensuring all bookings are loaded correctly in the systems (ResRequest)
- Assisting with reconciling of cash and credit cards received in camps for debtors in Asilia
- Filing of relevant bank statements and correspondence for accurate and audit record keeping purposes
- Filing of all EFD invoices and reconciling with Sales Folio on monthly basis. For any variances, follow up is made with AA office.
- Assistance where needed for VAT entries relating to Kenyan KRA legislation and in Tanzania (both mainland and Zanzibar)
- Ad hoc requests and projects
- At least 2 years’ experience in the same role
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and related software as well as other accounting software programs.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Please send your application and resume in only one Pdf document not later than 02nd April 2023 to Jerry@asiliaafrica.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.