CALL FOR APPLICATION INTO MoEST-HEET MASTER’S AND PhD FUNDED SCHOLARSHIPS 2022/2023 ROUND TWO
The University of Dodoma and the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MoEST) signed an Agreement on 19 th June, 2022 to implement the Higher Education for Economic Transformation (HEET) project. The project aims at making Higher Education Institutions in Tanzania key players in economic transformation by strengthening the learning environment and labour market alignment of priority programmes at beneficiary higher education institutions. A proportion of the project fund is set aside to support junior staff to pursue advanced degrees at Master’s and PhD levels in HEET priority areas.
The government has identified a total of 14 priority areas based on key disciplines required to build an industrial economy and propel forward Tanzania’s development agenda. These areas are: Engineering and Technology, Information and Computer Technology (ICT), Material Sciences, Health Sciences, Urban and Environmental Engineering and Technology, Renewable Energy, Water Resources, Climate Change, Agriculture and Agribusiness, Wildlife conservation, Tourism and Hospitality, Academic Industry Linkages, Humanities and Education. To achieve the HEET project goals, MoEST has distributed the disciplines to HEET beneficiary higher education institutions. UDOM shall focus on Engineering and Technology, Information and ComputerTechnology (ICT), Material Sciences, Health Sciences, Renewable Energy and Education.
The MoEST-HEET Project Scholarships shall cover tuition fees, travel costs, stipends, health insurance, books and stationery, outfit allowance and research costs where the host institution does not provide such support.
To be eligible for the MoEST-HEET Scholarship one must:
• Be a staff of The University of Dodoma
• Have secured admission into Master’s or PhD study programme within the country or abroad; while North-South and South-South Cooperation is encouraged. Securing admission into an institution with academic ranking is recommended
• Be willing to pursue one of the priority areas listed below:
(a) Engineering and Technology
(b) ICT – Digital Education Technology
(c) Material Sciences
(d) Renewable Energy
The Office of Deputy Vice Chancellor
Academic, Research and Consultancy
(e) Health Sciences
(f) Education with emphasis on Special Needs.
• Adhere to skills and knowledge continuity to enhance specialization and expertise
• Have admission duration of two and three years for Master’s and PhD respectively, except for PhD pursued with coursework for which the duration shall be four years.
• Be ready to accept the MoEST-HEET Scholarship recommended rates (consult the respective
Principal’s office for details).
• Apply to a University with reasonable tuition fees
• Application cover letter
• Valid admission letter
• University recommended study cost estimates covering stipend, tuition fees, health insurance and
• Updated curriculum vitae
• Certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates
Model of Application,
Please submit your application to the office of the DVC-ARC through the Department and College.
For more inquiries, please contact Ms. Emilia Patient through 0682714720
*Female staff are highly encouraged to apply*
Deadline for scholarship application: 30th June, 2023