CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR ONE MASTER’S SCHOLARSHIP IN INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY HEALTH
The University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) is currently undertaking a research project on Enhancing Ethics and Integrity Capacity in Medical Research and Clinical Practice (ETHIMED) in collaboration with the University of Oslo, Norway. ETHIMED is a 5 year research project which began in January 2022 and will end in December 2026. The project is funded by the Norwegian Directorate for Higher Education and Skills, through the Norwegian Partnership Programme for Global Academic Cooperation (NORPART).
The university announces ONE (1) scholarship position to staff from partner universities or health–related institutions and graduate students in Tanzania to undertake a two-year Master’s degree programme in International Community Health at the University of Oslo, Norway. The successful applicant will be required to apply for admission at the University of Oslo by 15th November 2022 and register for studies in August 2023. The project will provide a fully funded scholarship. Applicants are required to submit a proposal (2 pages max.) outlining their project idea in the area of Clinical Ethics.
Successful applicants must:
- Have a 3-4 years Bachelor’s degree in health sciences or social sciences disciplines or other related fields with a GPA of 3.6 and above from an accredited University.
- Be Tanzanians.
- Be prepared to apply for admission by 15th November 2022 and start the Master’s programme in August 2023 after acceptance of the scholarship.
- Be available for online interview on dates that will be communicated.
How to apply
Applicants must prepare and submit a complete application package, including specifically:
- Concept note that clearly outlines their project idea in the area of Clinical Ethics (2 pages max.)
- Curriculum vitae (at most 3 pages)
- Copy of Bachelor’s degree certificate and transcripts (one pdf file)
- Two recommendation letters
- Motivational letter
Applicants for the scholarship are required to send their application packages to the following address: Coordinator, ETHIMED Project, Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies, University of Dar es Salaam, P.O. BOX 35051, Dar es Salaam; or by email to email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Female applicants are highly encouraged.
The deadline for submission of applications is 30th October 2022