Job Position General Manager at PUMA Tanzania June 2022
• Provide leadership and direction to the country management team.
• Be fully accountable for all country operations as well as for the delivery of the financial business plans and KPIs.
• Create the conditions for sustainable, growth through developing and executing business plans.
• Be the visible PUMA representative for the market/ cluster for all external stakeholder interactions including government, vendors and media.
• Coordinate the market activities with LOB leads.
• Turn LOB policies and principles into workable market plans.
• Perform the role of assurance lead for HSE, legal and finance.
• Consolidate key market insight for both regulated and unregulated markets.
• Ensure that the customer is at the heart of everything that country/cluster teams do. Ensure all HSE, compliance and governance policies, principles and procedures are implemented and adhered to at all times.
• Role model the Puma Energy core values and ways of working.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
- Work with Regional teams to develop cluster / country specific plans to create and maintain competitive advantage within the Retail, B2B, Aviation, Bitumen and Lubricants markets to grow customer numbers to meet the financial targets and associated KPIs.
- Ensure that the country depot and transport operations are optimized and structured to effectively serve the needs and demands of the customers.
- Fully accountable for country profit and loss and Balance Sheet.
- Work with the Region Supply Chain teams to provide accurate demand forecasts that will continuously meet country customer needs.
- Create conditions with associated HSE and Legal policies and procedures to ensure compliance that the country/cluster is selling and operating both safely and legally at all times.
- Work with HR and Financial business partners to ensure associated policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to throughout the country’s business operations.
- Represent Puma Energy as the official country spokesperson when influencing customers, local governments, vendors, trade associations and dealing with the media.
- Act as the Puma Energy representative and work with local chief legal counsel on any legal cases, for or against the company.
- Proactively lead the business development within cluster/country to identify new opportunities and grow wallet share with existing customers.
- Create conditions for all country colleagues to personally, and professionally develop their skills and talents to maximise their impact and opportunities within the organisation.
- Optimise and continuously improve the cost of doing business from both a capital and revenue expenditure perspective. Creating the conditions that all colleagues invest and spend wisely to ensure that our customers can afford to do business with us.
- Be the custodian of all compliance and corporate governance policies, processes and procedures to ensure cluster/country adherence at all times.
- To ensure exceptional implementation of Puma standards at all times across all lines of business. Influence new Global standards when gaps and new requirements are identified.
Similar Job Posts
- 60 Job Vacancies College of Business Education (CBE) June 2022
- 90 Job Vacancies Mafinga Town Council June 2022
- 75 Job vacancies at Ardhi University June 2022
- 41 Job Vacancies NACTE and IAE June 2022
- Bachelor degree or advanced college education with relevant experience.
- Post-graduate education in operational management or business administration is a plus.
- 10 years’ experience working at a senior level within organisations that have portfolios that may include banking, logistics, retail, aviation, lubricants or B2B operations, similar or related industries.
- 5 Years Previous experience as a Managing Director
- Business Experience:
- Leading Part of a Commercial Organisation
- Track record of sustainable growth in Puma Energy’s related sectors
- Experience with dealing with financial statements. Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and Cash-flow.
- Understanding of Entity and shareholding structures
- Integration following Mergers and Acquisitions
- Local Market Knowledge
- People Management Experience:
- Managing growth
- Managing change
- Growing people
- Driving and Implementing Change Experience:
- Public speaking and presenting
- Learning from failure
- Relationships Management Experience:
- Working with main board and executive committee level leaders
- External Stakeholder Management
- Working in a Matrix Organisation
- Experienced in selling, socializing ideas.
- JV Management
- English: Spoken and written fluently.
- High level of commercial and financial acumen.
- Risk Management
- Financial & Commercial Acumen
- Energy Industry Expertise
- Energy Sectors Expertise
- Business Plan Development / Implementation
- Stakeholder Management
- Successful Sales Techniques Understanding
- Technical knowledge of industry related technology
- Market Understanding
- Operations & HSSE Expertise
Leadership and Behavioural Competencies:
- Driving delivering results
- Customer and Partner Focused Innovation
- Instigating & Leading Change
- Peer Relationship
- Agility (Including cultural agility and dealing with cultural ambiguity)
- Inspiring Performance for Execution
- Aligning Business operations to Plans
- Building Effective Teams
- Influencing for Impact
- Authentic Collaboration & Stakeholder Management
- Work Hard: Puts in every effort to achieve goals
- Work together: Is a genuine team player
- Accountability: Is in charge of his business and responds for it to the Board
- Integrity: You are the custodian of respect of the rules in the Company
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Internal – Region / Country / Cluster teams (including Retail, Aviation, Lubricants and Bitumen), Global teams
- External – Key customers, Government authorities, Key vendors
HOW TO APPLY: CLICK TO APPLY ONLINE VIA OFFICIAL WEBSITE